We have the power to Learn, to Lead, and to Succeed!! Expect Success!† † †
|Mastering standards and problem solving skills to†|
Engage, encourage, and enrich learning by
Nurturing civic pride and community service to become†
Lifelong learners who can adapt to future challenges and Operate as†productive, contributing citizens in the 21st century.
†Menlo Elementary School
Parent Involvement Policy/Plan
School-wide Title I
The following parent involvement policy was developed and agreed upon by the staff and parents of students at Menlo School. The policy will be distributed and discussed with the parents during an annual Meet the Teacher Orientation. A copy will also be sent home to each family.
Parentís perceptions will be improved by using more effective communication plans. Parental input will be sought to strengthen the school-home partnership.
The Common Core Standards, school curriculum, state and local assessments, school mission and belief statements, and the schoolís annual report card will be communicated to parents in a variety of flexible ways including but not limited to the following.
- Meet the Teacher Orientation
- Title I Annual Meeting
- Open House
- PTO Meetings
- Scheduled Conferences
- Personal contact by phone or letter/Shout Point Phone System
- Student Compacts
- School/Teacher Websites
- Online Infinite Campus
- Online Newsletter
- Open Lunch Invitation
- School Marquee
- Tutorial Blogs/Podcasts
- Parent University Workshops
- Reading Buddies
- 8th Grade School Orientation
- 8th Grade Parent Graduation Plan Meeting
- 6th Grade Parent Meeting Transition to Middle School
Opportunities will be provided for parents to share expertise, to be involved and share in appropriate decision making through:
- Classroom Visitations
- Parent Volunteer Programs (Classroom Moms)
- Site-Based† Council Meetings (Student Leadership Council, Parent Council)
- School Committees
- Student Program and Projects
- Site-based Workshops (math night/science night/ music night/ CRCT night)
- National Parent Leadership Month
- School Art Program
- End of the year Picnic
- Parent University/Workshops
- Community/Family Reading Night
- Mother Involvement Incentives (Mother/child bake off)
- Father Involvement Incentives (Father/daughter spring dance.
Effective parent involvement and support partnerships among the school, parents and community will be ensured by:
- Providing material and training
- Developing appropriate roles for community organizations and businesses in parent involvement activities
- Providing parent involvement activities through parent involvement coordinator
- Providing opportunities for parents to become involved in school/classroom activities
- Providing parent volunteer packets
- Providing parents the opportunity to be involved in developing the parent volunteer policy
- Classroom Mom/Dad/Grandparent
The School will provide information and opportunities for parents with limited English proficiency or disabilities to participate in programs and workshops.
Measurement of Parent Involvement
Some benefits that will be used to measure parental involvement at Menlo Elementary School include:
- Higher grades and test scores
- Long term academic achievement
- Positive attitudes and behavior
- More successful programs
- More effective schools
- Percentages of participation will be followed closely to check for a desired increase in parent involvement using the parent involvement survey.
- The Chattooga County School District reserves 1% of Title I funds for parental involvement activities if the LEA receives more than $500,000.
Revised March 26, 2015